Responsible for Leading Shifts and providing additional, temporary support from experienced employees when units have a shortage of retail management staff. Responsible for coaching the retail team to execute all duties on the retail sales floor while remaining hands-on position to help facilitate shift operations and to continue their further career development.
· Be able to perform all of the essential functions for the Retail Sales position skill area. Assume all duties of the Retail Sales position for periods of time on a daily basis.
· Be available to work scheduled shifts that meet Cracker Barrel business demands/volume including Saturdays and Sundays and holidays. Scheduled shifts depend on business demands and Manager discretion.
· Move merchandise in and around shop stockroom, maximum of 50 pounds. Lift a maximum of 25 pounds (Example: filled candy jar) overhead for stocking stock room and retail sale floor on a daily basis.
· Perform janitorial task including dust, clean, sweep, and straighten retail store stock.
· Stand and move about the retail store sales floor and stock areas for long periods of time.
· Check and clean restrooms and ensure cleanliness standards of Cracker Barrel using assorted cleaning chemicals, compounds and products.
· Be aware of and acknowledge each Guest in the retail store. Be familiar with the local community and provide Guests with directional assistance.
· Must be able to price and stock items and use pricing equipment
· Enter the Cracker Barrel environment willing to commit to Company philosophies and be flexible, adapting appropriately to changes as they occur.
· Distinguish priorities and modify those priorities on short notice if circumstances warrant, and appropriately adjust plans and activities to changes in circumstance.
· Accept feedback in a positive manner and use it constructively. Modify one's own actions to effectively deal with differing personalities without compromising one's own integrity.
· Work at a pace consistent with the business volume and demands that dramatically change and fluctuate during the days, weeks, and seasons.
· Analyze and interpret data. Identify the critical elements, see relationships, and apply the proper solutions.
· Strive to maximize and appropriately utilize all resources available.
· Have working knowledge of math, numbers, money counting and making correct change.
· Memorize, record, and comprehend menu items and abbreviations. Read and understand a Guest Check.
• Communication Skills
· Transmit verbal and written information and ideas in a timely manner clearly understandable to the receiver, adapting amount, style, and content to the needs of the receiver.
· Listen when others speak and ascertain their messages through verbal and non-verbal communication and respond in an appropriate manner
· Maintain an open line of communication with employees and store management.
· Must be able to answer the telephone in a pleasant manner.
· Must have a working knowledge of current inventory and products and effectively communicate that knowledge to our Guests.
· Recognize, greet and initiate conversation with each Guest.
· Convey and be able to explain Company objectives and goals and the importance of the Cracker Barrel Mission Statement
· Possess good and effective decision-making skills with regard to issues. Consistently set a good example in work habits, disposition and attitude.
· Work independently with the appropriate amount of direction, guidance and supervision, take immediate action and be able to give rationale for action.
· Maintain a neat appearance following Cracker Barrel's dress code including proper personal and dental hygiene.
· Shift Leaders are required to follow the same dress code expectations as an hourly employee but they do not wear an apron.
• High school diploma or GED
• College classes or degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field preferred, but not required.
• Must be a minimum PAR II Skill Trainer and or ETC
Software Powered by iCIMS