Cook pay rate starts at $18/hr
Maintain the Cracker Barrel promise of pleasing people by supporting our Virtual Brand through orders in the CB Kitchen area. Responsible for the preparing food and fulfilling orders, while ensuring a high level of kitchen sanitation.
• Execute cold/hot food preparation in accordance with proper guidelines
• Review recipes, assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients according to Cracker Barrel standards
• Adhere to proper food handling and safety procedures
• Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of cooking equipment, food storage and work areas
• Complete scheduled cleaning at the direction of CB Kitchen management
• Works all areas of the back of the house, including prep, grill, and dishwasher
• Assist with food supple inventory
• Ensure smooth operation of food preparation
• Ensure proper presentation of food
• Work with CB Virtual brand Kitchen team members to ensure accurate and efficient fulfillment of all ghost kitchen orders
• Complete ad hoc tasks at the direction of the General Manager
• Restaurant experience preferred, but not required
• High School Degree or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
• Must be 18+ years old
Come for the biscuits and stay for the perks- Cracker Barrel offers our employees:
We’d love to get to know ya - text Barrel to 97211 and “skip the line”!
NOTE: Racism, either overt or perpetuated through unconscious bias, has no place at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, and both our Mission and People Promise are firmly rooted in the principle of valuing what everyone brings to the table. Our employees work hard to ensure that our brand, which is grounded in genuine hospitality and nostalgia, represents only what is good about those things. While our décor and food may harken back to earlier times, our inclusive culture and beliefs about equality and diversity do not.