The Host/Hostess performs guest service by greeting guests and seating all as promptly as possible. The Host/ Hostess always greet guests in a warm, hospitable manner and arrange seating in the most organized fashion. The Host/Hostess is always dressed properly and ready to seat guests at clean, properly prepared tables. A professional attitude and sincere hospitality toward all guests is required at all times.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs guest service by greeting guests and seating all as promptly as possible
- Always greets guests in a warm, hospitable manner and arranges seating in the most organized fashion
- Ensures that all available tables are clean and properly prepared
- Exhibits professional, sincere hospitality toward all guests at all time.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example
- Carefully monitors the operation of the stores and assists the manager in identifying and solving present and potential guest problems
- Follows Cracker Barrel Old Country Store operational policies and procedures, including safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance